You've got to try our hearty, yummy, spicy take on slow cooked goat curry. 😋😋😋😋😋
This is not your average curry! This one is packed with flavors, delicious and satisfying. It is simple to make.
Its Delicious 😋 ✅
Its Easy ✅
Its Spicy ✅
How to make it:
2 pounds goat stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 fresh hot jalapeno peppers, chopped with seeds
2 tablespoon curry powder
1tablespoon curry powder (Lion brand)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
2 ½ cups vegetable broth
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
cup of basil chopped
1/2 teaspoon of coriander
1. Combine goat meat, jalapeno pepper, curry powder, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend, 1 hour to overnight.
2. Remove goat meat mixture from bowl, keep marinade aside for use later.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a stockpot or crock pot over medium-high heat.
4. Add meat and 1/2 onions in, ensure meat gets brown on all sides, for about 15 minutes. As the meat is browning, add turmeric, cinnamon and nutmeg. Make sure meat is coated with all these spices and stir so meat does not burn.
5. Add celery and remaining onion in to the stockpot; cook and stir until onion begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
6. Stir browned goat meat into onion mixture. Add reserved marinade, vegetable broth, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour.
7. Remove stockpot from heat, skim off surface fat, and remove bay leaf.
8. Enjoy with rice or cauliflower or bread of your choice.