Learn How to Cook Cameroonian "Poulet DG"
Time & Location
About the Event
My name is Mirabel Umenei, I am a cook, singer, songwriter, and founder of Motherland Cooking Xperience, the only African cultural experience in the USA. We showcase Africa and its diversity through intimate, unique, interactive, and authentic cooking demo experiences paired with live music, drinks, and storytelling from Africa.
As a child, while helping my mum cook Cameroonian delicacies, she'd share fun memories of her mom and grandma and their recipes. Now being far away from home, I see the importance of passing down this rich heritage to my kids, the next generation, and also to my new home, the USA. We are excited to share these recipes and stories with you. Our cooks are seasoned cooks from different African countries, each one bringing their own style, stories, and history with love.
So, come away with us to Africa!
What we will do:
We will visit various African countries together by cooking some of the best dishes from each region accompanied by live music and storytelling. Your taste buds, soul, and mind will thank you at the end. After booking, you will be given directions on how to join the virtual experience online. You will also be provided with a list of ingredients to purchase along with some drinks and snacks. We can deliver the pre-portioned ingredients to your doorstep for an additional fee.
Where this experience is taking place:
This experience will take place online. We will send you details on how to join the virtual experience. You will need:
A computer or phone with audio and video connections.
Salt, some cooking oil and of course pots, knives, etc.
What you should bring - Ingredients:
- Salt, olive oil, or 2 cups vegetable oil
- 12 -16 pieces of chicken drumsticks, 2 medium carrots,
- 1 large 1 handful of green beans, and 1 bell pepper - or 1/4 each of 4 colored bell peppers
- 1 celery stalk - roughly chopped, 3 stems of green onions,
- 8 stems of parsley, cilantro, and basil, 4 small seasoning cubes (Maggi)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper, 8 garlic cloves - peeled
- 2-inch ginger root (ground), 8 medium tomatoes (blended)
- 1 habanero (hot) pepper optional, 1 onion - chopped
- 4 large plantains (2 almost ripe green and 2 ripe yellow plantains.)
Poulet DG Ingredient ListMotherland Cooking Xperience
- Poulet DG (Nov 14 at 11am EST)$35+$2.10 Tax$35+$2.10 Tax0$0
- MealPrep Kit for Chicken DG$40+$2.40 Tax$40+$2.40 Tax0$0