Couples' African Cooking Experience: Senegalese Yassa Chicken, and Grilled Whole fish
Time & Location
About the Event
Learn how to make Senegalese Yassa Chicken and Cameroonian Grilled whole fish, 2 scrumptious dishes that the whole world should know about. The Yassa chicken is so delicious, tender, and flavorful with lots of caramelized onions in a sweet, spicy, lemony sauce while the fish is packed with flavor and herbs.
What you need:
Computer and Zoom, Internet connection, 4 pots, Grill or oven, frying pan
- 2.5 - 3 pounds Chicken (thighs, legs or breast), skin-on, 1-2 lemon sliced, divided
- 2 Large Onions Sliced (chopped), 4 cloves garlic, minced (minced)
- 1-2 Bay leaf, 2 cubes Maggie or 1Tablespoon Chicken Bouillon
- 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tablespoons Dijon, or grain mustard, 1 Scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 cup or more chicken stock or water
*Pre-cooked rice or freshly boiled rice.
Clean your chicken, pat it dry and spice it with the following:
Onions, salt, black pepper, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and Maggie to the chicken. Let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
Grilled Fish Ingredients:
1 whole Tilapia or Pampano, I cup of vegetable oil.
1 bunch of fresh mint leaves, 1 bunch Thai basil, 4 stems celery and 4 stems parsley
1 small onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 habanero or chili flakes as needed (optional), 2 seasoning cubes, 2 medium tomatoes
2 ripe yellow plantains, salt, 1 teaspoon black and white pepper each
Blend all your all herbs, onion, and garlic together and put aside. Blend tomatoes and keep. Peel Plantains and cut into cylindrical shapes and keep in the fridge.
Recommended wine: South African Mbali, any good Chenin Blanc, or your favorite white wine or red blend.
We can't wait to cook with you. Please do pre-prep as necessary.
- Couples' Chicken Yassa & Fish$99.99+$6 Tax$99.99+$6 Tax0$0
- Meal Prep Kit$70+$4.20 Tax$70+$4.20 Tax0$0