African Cooking in Quarantine 6: Senegalese Yassa Chicken with Rice
Time & Location
About the Event
Learn how to make Yassa Chicken, a scrumptious Senegalese dish that the whole world should know about. The chicken is so delicious, tender, and flavorful with lots of caramelized onions in a sweet, spicy, lemony sauce.
What you need:
Computer and Zoom
- 2.5 - 3 pounds Chicken (thighs, legs or breast), skin-on
- 1-2 lemon sliced, divided
- 2 Large Onions Sliced (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (minced)
- 1-2 Bay leaf
- 2 cubes Maggie or 1Tablespoon Chicken Bouillon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon or grain mustard.
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 cup or more chicken stock or water
*Pre-cooked rice or freshly boiled rice.
Clean your chicken, pat it dry and spice it with the following:
Onions, salt, black pepper, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and Maggie to the chicken. Let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
We start cooking the next day! Come ready!
- Chicken Yassa$0$00$0